It's time for another fun inspiration Wednesday from Heartfelt Creations. This is the month for showcasing the Tropical Paradise Collection. Doesn't it make you want to backup and head off to some tropical island? I know it tickles my travel fancy! LOL
Tropical Paradise Designer Paper Collection, HCDP1-277
Tropical Paradise Cling Stamp Set, HCPC-3783
Tropical Paradise Die Set, HCD1-7137
Tropical Cockatoo Stamp Set, HCPC 3781
Tropical Cockatoo Die, HCD1-HCD1-7136
Tropical Plumeria Stamp Set, HCPC-3782
Tropical Plumeria Die Set, HCD1-7135
Double Dots 100 pc - 3D Foam Circles, DDots
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, 159723
Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles, 352854
Teal Gala Glitz, 6teal
Crystal Ultrafine Glitter, 85-glitter
Memento Dye Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black, TSMP900
Memento Bamboo Leaves Dye Ink, TSMP707
Memento Olive Grove, TSMP708
Memento Teal Dye Ink, TSMPTSMP602
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink Pad - Berrylicious - 71053
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit, HCST10401
Scor-Pal Measuring and Scoring Board, 173842
Glue Pins, Pins6
White Cardstock, HCPP2-451
Green cardstock, paper trimmer, mini mister, Prismacolor pencils (French Grey 10%, French Grey 20%, French Grey 50%, Naples Yellow, Lemon Yellow, Chartreuse, Dark Green, spring Green, Kelly Green, True Green. White, Magenta), Squeezed Lemon Distress Ink. sponge dauber, double sided tape, Misty, Stonehinge colored pencil paper, Spellbinder circle nesting die.
- Cut heavy weight white cardstock at 5 1/2 x 11 inches. Score at 5 1/2 inches to create a top-fold card. Cut green cardstock at 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches. Cut designer paper at 5 x 5 inches. Adhere the layers of cardstock using double sided tape.
- Stamp the cockatoo image on colored pencil paper using memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Color the cockatoo using Prismacolor French Grey 10%, French Grey 20%, French Grey 50%, Naples Yellow, Lemon Yellow and white. Color the the leaves with Chartreuse, Dark Green, spring Green, Kelly Green, True Green and White. The small plumeria was colored with Naples Yellow, Lemon Yellow and Magenta. Die cut the image with the Tropical Cockatoo Die Set. Die cut 4 additional images from green cardstock. Adhere the layers together to add strength and dimension to the cockatoo image.
- Cut a circle from green cardstock and a smaller nested circle from the designer paper. Adhere the cockatoo to the mat circles. Add dimensional dot adhesive to the back of the mat and adhere to the cardstock as shown in the picture.
- Stamp the leaves with the Tropical Paradise and Tropical Cockatoo Stamp Set. Stamp plumeria flowers with Memento tuxedo Black Ink. Color the leaves with Prismacolor Chartreuse, Dark Green, spring Green, Kelly Green, True Green and White. Sponge the edges with Memento Bamboo Leaves, Memento Olive Green and Memento Teal Die Ink. Alternate the sponging ink among the various leaves to give variation.
- Die cut the leaves with the Tropical Paradise and Tropical Cockatoo Die set. Sponge the plumeria with Berrylicious Chalk Ink and Squeezed Lemon Distress Ink. Shape the flowers. Emma Lou has a wonderful demonstration on how to shape a Plumeria flower here - https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/video/150/ez-steps-to-create-plumerias
- Apply a light coating of dries clear adhesive and sprinkle with crystal ultra fine glitter. Adhere teal Gala Glitz to the left left side of the designer paper. Adhere the leaves with dimensional dots. Adhere the plumeria flowers.
Thank you so much for stopping by. If you like what you see, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!